Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Goodbye Northwest


Well, the goodbye parties are over, the tearful goodbyes are (mostly) over, and all that's left is to make sure my bags contain everything I'll need for the next two years. I am so incredibly lucky to have such amazing friends and family and such a great boyfriend to send me off in style. I wish I had appreciated it more, but seeing all the love and good wishes made me realize what an amazing group of people I know. So thank you Seattle for sending me off with beers, hotdogs, and hugs, and thank you Spokane for sending me off with a bonfire, science experiments, and sloppy kisses from the kids.
I am off to LA for a day of orientation and then will be headed for the island country of Vanuatu (technically it's an archipelago, but only Shellooe can pronounce that word correctly). I'll be on the island that contains the capital city for three months and then will be given an assignment and sent into the jungle for two more years. I have no idea what the internet/electricity situation will be but I will be trying to stay in touch and post on this blog as much as I can. I love you all so much and although two years without y'all seems very daunting, I'm sure the time will fly and I'll be back before you have a chance to miss me. Of all the things I'll miss (cocktails, Indian food, running water, paved roads, crazy people on the street trying to convert me to Budhism, 1419, Gonzaga games, Predators games, soy lattes, etc.) I hope you know you are all what I will miss the most. If you have this blog address then you have probably touched my life in a profound way and I thank you for all you have given me. But I guess I'm getting overdramatic :) I'll be back soon. I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment